- About the Library
- Collections and Resources
- Events and Programs
Become a Friend of the Rare Book Room and join an engaged and intimate group, passionate about preserving our collections in support of our mission of preserving and promoting the heritage of medicine and health.
Our 550,000 books, manuscripts, archives, and illustrations form our extraordinary collections. We make our treasures freely available to scholars, researchers, and the general public alike. With their vast reach across medicine, public health, food and cookery, botany, anthropology and myriad other subjects, our collections trace the development of medicine from its ancient roots through today. This legacy offers invaluable and fascinating insights into historical attempts to understand health and illness, as well as illuminating today’s critical issues.
The support of the Friends of the Rare Book Room ensures the vitality of the Library and its collections. Friends help underwrite the Library’s public programs and outreach activities; the acquisition, conservation, and cataloging of remarkable historical materials; and digitization of our key Library treasures. Friends receive access to special lectures, programs, excursions, and receptions, including private viewings of the collections.
$75 Friend / $50 Student Friend
- Discounted prices for Center for the History of Medicine public events
- Invitations to exclusive catered Friends events and programs (discounted for student Friends)
- Reception following the annual Friends lecture
- Acknowledgment on our website and in our annual report
$200 - Contributor
- All Friends benefits, plus
- An exclusive tote bag, perfect for carrying books or groceries, featuring an image from our historical collections
$350 - Sponsor
- All Contributor benefits, plus
- An exclusive coffee mug featuring a New York City landscape
$650 - Supporter
- All Sponsor benefits, plus
- An exclusive set of beautiful note cards featuring breathtaking images from books in our collections
For all levels and benefits above the Supporter level, please visit the President's Society page or contact email@example.com. Your donation amount still ensures the vitality of our library and our collections.
For more details about Friends programs throughout the year contact firstname.lastname@example.org.