The New York Academy of Medicine advances solutions that promote the health and well-being of people in cities worldwide.
Established in 1847, The New York Academy of Medicine continues to address the health challenges facing New York City and the world’s rapidly growing urban populations. We accomplish this through our Institute for Urban Health, home of interdisciplinary research, evaluation, policy and program initiatives; our world class historical medical library and its public programming in history, the humanities and the arts; and our Fellows program, a network of more than 2,000 experts elected by their peers from across the professions affecting health. Our current priorities are healthy aging, disease prevention, and eliminating health disparities.
Summary and Description
The New York Academy of Medicine seeks a Program Associate to work closely with the President in three key areas:
- Research and write Presidential articles, blogs, and other materials and prepare presentations and speeches;
- Coordinate all affairs of the Board of Trustees and its subcommittees including meetings, special activities and events and preparing Board minutes:
- Attend key Presidential meetings to provide continuity and follow-through on action items.
- Exceptional grammar, writing and research skills are essential.
- Successful candidates will be highly intelligent with a desire to learn, a strong sense of personal initiative and self-direction, and the ability to produce results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs including Excel and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills essential.
- At least 2-3 years of experience preferred.
- An interest in health or experience with health-related issues is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required
All applicants should include a cover letter explaining how their skills and experience relate to the position and a writing sample together with the application to email@example.com. Please include Program Associate - President's Office in the subject line of the email.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.