Marketing & Communications
The New York Academy of Medicine advances solutions that promote the health and well-being of people in cities worldwide.
Established in 1847, The New York Academy of Medicine continues to address the health challenges facing New York City and the world’s rapidly growing urban populations. We accomplish this through our Institute for Urban Health, home of interdisciplinary research, evaluation, policy and program initiatives; our world class historical medical library and its public programming in history, the humanities and the arts; and our Fellows program, a network of more than 2,000 experts elected by their peers from across the professions affecting health. Our current priorities are healthy aging, disease prevention, and eliminating health disparities.
The Communications team is responsible for messaging and branding, media and high-profile items to support both business-unit goals as well as delivering overarching Academy communication objectives. The design team produces publications and reports, unique grant deliverables, event and promotional collateral, email/print appeal campaigns, social media and blog graphics, and website graphics and development.
The Communications team is looking for a creative and highly motivated Graphic Designer with professional experience in digital and print production, as well as, project management. The Graphic Designer reports to the Senior Graphic Designer and works collaboratively with all Communications staff.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Design print and digital communications materials including: ads, event materials, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, promotional materials, direct mail campaigns, website and social graphics, and Academy publications (e.g. reports, newsletters, etc.)
- Prepare mechanicals for print vendors. Build relationship with vendors to manage the production process and generate estimates/bids
- Work collaboratively with Web Producer to update Academy website, program microsites and social media channels
- Assist in administrative tasks including: track production timelines and budgets, manage photography assets, collateral inventory and reordering as needed
- Expert knowledge of MAC platform, Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with designing in Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of Django framework, HTML a plus
- Project management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, time management, multi-tasking, flexibility, consistency, willingness to receive and incorporate creative direction
- Experience working with brand guidelines
- BA or BFA in graphic or interactive design
- Digital and print portfolio
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Graphic Designer” in the subject line and include three relevant examples from your portfolio.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.