Development Operations Associate
The New York Academy of Medicine advances solutions that promote the health and well-being of people in cities worldwide.
Established in 1847, The New York Academy of Medicine continues to address the health challenges facing New York City and the world’s rapidly growing urban populations. We accomplish this through our Institute for Urban Health, home of interdisciplinary research, evaluation, policy and program initiatives; our world class historical medical library and its public programming in history, the humanities and the arts; and our Fellows program, a network of more than 2,000 experts elected by their peers from across the professions affecting health. Our current priorities are healthy aging, disease prevention, and eliminating health disparities.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a development professional looking to grow his or her skills and expertise in many aspects of fundraising. The Team Administrator will be responsible for managing development operations which includes data management (Salesforce), gift processing and acknowledgement, prospect research, fundraising campaign support and assisting the Assistant Director of Development on submitting grants and contract applications. The Team Administrator will provide support to the Development and Communications departments including managing budgets, monthly reconciliation with the Finance Department, processing state registrations, ordering supplies and other projects as required.
- Responsible for all donation gift entry into development database (Salesforce)
- Draft and execute all donation acknowledgment letters
- Support Individual Giving Manager and Development team staff on writing and completing annual fund appeals throughout the year
- Create and manage mailing lists for all fundraising campaigns throughout the year and occasional Communication projects
- Conduct quarterly maintenance within Salesforce to ensure data integrity
- Create reports and complex queries in database
- Work with the Finance team to reconcile accounts, including all gifts, and invoices and expenses
- Assist Stewardship and Cultivation Manager with special events and projects, including Gala-related mailings, accounting, reports and correspondence
General Office Management
- Complete Development and Communications budgets and invoicing requests
- Manage Director of Development calendar
- With staff, develop department owned meeting agendas and record minutes
- Order office supplies as needed
- Arrange travel accommodations
- 2-4 years of related experience in a development office
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and consistency in executing tasks
- Problem solving skills and ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to manage many projects in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills
- Excellent computer and web skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Good grammatical, writing, proofreading, and editing ability
- Ability to interact with internal and external individuals at all levels in a professional manner
- Experience with development research software, iWave, Relationship Science, Foundation Directory Online desired
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Please email your resume to email@example.com. Please include "Development Operations Associate" in the subject line.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.