- About the Library
- Collections and Resources
- Center for the History of Medicine and Public Health
- Friends of the Rare Book Room
The Library reading rooms, The Drs. Barry and Bobbi Coller Rare Book Reading Room and the Hartwell Room, are open to the public by appointment.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 6:45 PM
We will make every attempt to accommodate Academy Fellows and Members when they would like to use the collections. Please contact us before arriving so we can be sure someone will be available for assistance.
Before you make an appointment:
- Please search our online catalog.
- Let us know which materials you need from our collection, and we will have your items waiting for you when you arrive.
- If you're not sure where to start, contact our Reference Librarians. Note: Collections are housed in closed stacks and are not available for browsing.
- You may request up to 10 items per day from the closed stacks area.
- Please review our policies
The New York Academy of Medicine is wheelchair accessible via a ramp at the entrance to the building, as well as by elevators. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions regarding our handicap accessibility, please contact us.
Join us on the first Monday of every month (excluding holidays) to see highlights from the collection in the Drs. Barry and Bobbi Coller Rare Book Reading Room. Meet at 12:00 PM in the lobby.