Individual Giving Manager
The New York Academy of Medicine advances solutions that promote the health and well-being of people in cities worldwide.
Established in 1847, The New York Academy of Medicine continues to address the health challenges facing New York City and the world’s rapidly growing urban populations. We accomplish this through our Institute for Urban Health, home of interdisciplinary research, evaluation, policy and program initiatives; our world class historical medical library and its public programming in history, the humanities and the arts; and our Fellows program, a network of more than 2,000 experts elected by their peers from across the professions affecting health. Our current priorities are healthy aging, disease prevention, and eliminating health disparities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Individual Giving Manager is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive annual giving program, identifying a steady stream of new prospects, upgrading annual donors into the major donor pool ($2,500+) and working with the Stewardship and Cultivation Manager to integrate ongoing engagement strategies into the campaign. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Individual Giving Manager joins a dynamic development team responsible for raising $2M+ annually. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated self-starter with a demonstrated ability to engage a number of low-level and mid-level donors, the creativity to generate new ideas and motivating messaging and the strategic depth to grow the annual giving base.
The Individual Giving Manager's duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute all aspects of The Academy’s annual giving program to support acquisition, retention and lapsed strategies to meet fundraising goals
- Develop a year-long plan of action to increase the Library’s Friends of the Rare Book Room membership program
- Identify new prospects, develop giving profiles and strategies for engagement
- Implement a cultivation plan (phone calls, personal letters, meetings, etc.) to keep donors and prospects interested and engaged
Donor Management and Retention
- Develop and refine direct mail and online solicitation approaches while testing other digital marketing strategies including utilizing social media, crowd funding, giving days, giving circles, monthly giving, etc.
- Work closely with the Director of Development on a strategy aimed at moving mid-level donors into higher giving levels
- Develop and implement a meaningful donor acknowledgement program
- Ensure all transactions related to the annual giving are accurately documented and tracked in Salesforce
- Identify planned giving prospects
- Work with the Stewardship and Cultivation Manager to plan cultivation and fundraising strategies and events
Management and Research
- Analyze giving trends and donor data to make informed decisions about current and future strategies to continuously strengthen relationships and grow revenue
- Provide reports on the success of fundraising initiatives
- Prepare the President, Director of Development, Senior Manager of Development for meetings with prospects and donors
- 5 years development experience with a minimum of 3 years working on campaigns and Individual Giving
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Salesforces desirable
- Ability to network and be persuasive
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Collaborative, team oriented work style
- Commitment to The Academy’s mission
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Please email your resume to email@example.com. Please include "Individual Giving Manager" in the subject line.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.